Precautions For Using Marine Launching Airbags01/30/2024
How To Store Inflatable Fenders For A Long Time?02/01/2024
Some key points for using foam fenders:
- Select the appropriate foam material according to the hull size and design requirements. Different types of foam materials have different densities, strengths and energy-absorbing properties, and selections need to be made based on actual needs.
- Before installing foam fenders, the hull shell needs to be thoroughly inspected to ensure that the surface is smooth and free of any damage or corrosion. If necessary, repair and cleaning processes are required.
- When installing foam fenders, you need to operate according to the prescribed installation methods and requirements. Typically the foam core needs to be embedded into gaps inside the hull shell and secured using a specialized adhesive.
- After installation, a comprehensive inspection of the foam fender is required to ensure that there are no gaps or cracks between the foam core material and the external protective layer, and that the foam core material has not been damaged by the outside world.
- The status of the foam fender needs to be checked regularly during use, especially when sailing at sea, you need to pay attention to whether there is any collision or damage. If necessary, timely maintenance and replacement are required.
- The surface of the foam fender needs to be cleaned regularly to ensure that it is smooth and anti-fouling.
In general, the foam fender structure has the advantages of being lightweight, energy-absorbing, and anti-corrosion, but it requires maintenance and inspection during use to ensure its stability and reliability. Different foam materials and installation methods may be required for different types of vessels and usage environments.