How To Use A Ship Launching Airbag12/06/2023
The peumatic fender is a device used to cushion and protect the ship when it is docked. Here are the general steps for using a boat berthing ball:
- Preparation in advance: Select suitable pneumatic fenders and determine the correct size and quantity according to the size of the ship and docking requirements. Make sure there is no obvious damage or air leakage on the surface of the pneumatic fender.
- Install the pneumatic fender: Tie the pneumatic fender to the location where the ship needs to dock, usually the side or bow of the ship. Use ropes or chains to fix the pneumatic fender to the ship’s berth, ensuring that the pneumatic fender is kept at an appropriate distance from the hull.
- Adjust the position: According to the docking requirements, the position of the pneumatic fender can be changed by adjusting the length of the rope or chain. Make sure the pneumatic fender is between the boat and the dock to provide cushioning and protection.
- Docking operation: When the ship approaches the dock, the pneumatic fender will act as a buffer to reduce the collision force between the ship and the dock. The crew needs to adjust the ship’s course and speed according to the position and dynamics of the pneumatic fender to make the ship berth smoothly.
- Pneumatic fender maintenance: Regularly check the condition of the pneumatic fender to ensure that the surface is clean, has no obvious damage and remains in good inflated condition. Clean, repair or replace promptly if necessary.
It should be noted that relevant safety operating regulations and recommendations should be followed when using pneumatic fenders. During the docking process of the ship, the crew should remain vigilant and adjust the ship’s operation according to the actual situation to ensure that the docking operation is completed safely and smoothly.